Friends (212)Show all friends..
Helloooo Europe - Anthony calling! I'm just one of the thousands of fans from Europe's favourite TV show, the Eurovision Song Contest. I have been an ESC fan since 2001, with my earliest memory ...Read full biography
Eurovision 2012 Has Ended!Posted 2/Jun 2012 at 21:35 by Anthony Ko. Topics: 2012, Baku, Eurovision Song Contest, review
1) What is the most overrated country this year?
I'll end up on the receiving end of a backlash for saying this but i'll have to be Russia. They may be entertaining but if the Grannies ends up winning this year's contest, then it'll simply give the WRONG impression that 'gimmicky' acts are the way forward. And it definitely isn't!
2) What is the most underrated country this year?
There's an awful lot of countries that deserves better results, but if I had to choose one, it'll have to be Cyprus. With such a very catchy dance track, Cyprus was surely odds on for a top 10 finish.
3) How much do you like the winning entry - ''Euphoria'' by Loreen?
I'm glad that the best song won this year. I always wanted to see a first ever dance track to WIN the Eurovision Song Contest. The good news is that it has finally been fulfilled! The bad news is that Sweden, not Cyprus, made that possible. Still, I'm more than happy to accept defeat to Loreen!
4)The most annoying song, in your opinion?
Georgia's "I'm A Joker", enough said.
5) The hottest male singer?
It'll have to be the Eurovision Song Contest's very own Prince Of Persia, i.e. Tooji from Norway!
6) How about the most gorgeous female singer?
A very tricky decision. There are several stunning singers this year but my Ivi Adamou just edges this one out for me.
7) The most impressive performance in this year contest?
In terms of a Eurovision all-round performance, Cyprus. Compared to her performance way back at the Cypriot national final, which was a tad awkward to watch, the choreography from Ivi and her dancers have been fantastic and was spot on. Ivi kept that choreography "Top Secret" for quite a while, before the rehearsals began, and it was definitely worth the wait.
8) The most boring performance?
Georgia. If I don't like the song then I'm certainly not going to enjoy Anri's performance that's for sure!
9) What do you think of this year's Eurovision Song Contest show in general?
This year's motto is "Light Your Fire" and Baku has certainly done just that. The standard of the entries this year have been much stronger than last year's. The semi-finals however, wasn't quite as shocking as last year's, with Switzerland being the biggest casualty in Semi-final 1 and my Slovenia (why Europe, WHY?!?) in Semi-final 2. The Grand Final itself has certainly made interesting reading with surprise results pretty much everywhere. The only downside is that I didn't quite get the result I wanted for Cyprus and Slovenia and Engelbert Humperdinck's disappointing result means the United Kingdom's embarrassing relationship with the Eurovision Song Contest has now reached breaking point.
And an extra question specially from me....
10) Your favourites from the following categories:
"Big 5" country (Note: This does NOT include the host country Azerbaijan):
The following blogs have been written by other members in response to this blog.
Re: Eurovision 2012 Has Ended! by Sang Jupiter
[i]Hey! I'm bored so I just gonna respond to your blogpost. :0) [/i] [b]1) What is the most overrated country this year?[/b] I think this year we ...
The extra question by Huggy McHuggington
And an extra question specially from me.... 10) Your favourites from the following categories: Qualifier/Grand Finalist: Ukraine NON-Qualifier...
More blogs by Anthony
- Re: Eurovision 2013 Has Ended!
- Falletina Gonetta’s Crisis-alide.
- It's a Crisis-alide!
- ESC 2013 Semi-Final 2 Predictions
- Could go on all night!
- ESC 2013 Semi-Final 1 Predictions
- Daily Mirror’s Eurovision 2013 Reviews
- For ESC fans in the UK.
- ESC 2013 Reviews in a Nutshell! Big 5 & Host
- OGAE aren't always spot on.
- ESC 2013 Reviews in a Nutshell! Part 4
- Rehearsals Roundup Day 4
- ESC 2013 Reviews in a Nutshell! Part 3
- Rehearsals Roundup Day 3
- ESC 2013 Reviews in a Nutshell! Part 2
- Rehearsals Roundup Day 2
- ESC 2013 Reviews in a Nutshell! Part 1
- Rehearsals Roundup Day 1
- Total Eclipsed from the Heart
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- In case you're wondering...
- The Best and Worst entries from 2000-2012
- ESC 2012 reviews at a glance! Big 5 & hosts
- Party poopers!
- Think again!
- ESC 2012 reviews at a glance! Part 6
- Dave Pearson: NAMED & SHAMED!
- ESC 2012 reviews at a glance! Part 5
- ESC 2012 reviews at a glance! Part 4
- ESC 2012 reviews at a glance! Part 3
- ESC 2012 reviews at a glance! Part 2
- ESC 2012 reviews at a glance! Part 1
- My ESC 2012 top 10!
- March 2012
- Evening Standard's named and shamed!
- "La La Love" on BBC's The One Show!
- London Evening Standard SHAMED!!
- Daily Mirror SHAMED!!
- The Guardian on Melodifestivalen.
- I'm on The Sun newspaper!
- What did you expect from the UK?
- The Telegraph: Fans' mixed reaction on UK.
- I'm sick and tired of the UK.
- That does it, now OFFICIALLY a Slovene!
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- August 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Here's Phillip "Anti-Eurovision" Scholfield!
- No One's simply Majastic!
- Could Ireland go OUT before it's even started?
- Is "Ell&Nikki" no longer part of Azerbaijan?
- UK entrants Blue's fury at Phillip Schofield.
- My Eurovision top 10 for BOTH semi finals!
- Graham Norton is Jedworried!
- Could Ell & Nikki be the new Arash & Aysel?
- UK, READ THIS and GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER NOW!!
- Schofield: 'Blue Eurovision entry is shocking'
- OFFICIAL: UK public CANNOT treat ESC seriously!
- EU MUST BE JOKIN'!!!
- UK Blue Eurovision title race wide open!
- My Eurovision top 10 so far at the moment.
- Eurovision odds: overrated or underrated?
- It’s an utter dis-Greece!
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010