Friends (63)Show all friends..
Sofia Nizharadze's Storyhttp://www.worldofsofia.com/
Sofia’s story begins when her grandmother, a Turkish native, came to Georgia for a vacation, met her husband and stayed in Georgia. This was during the Soviet era when all foreigners were considered “suspicious” and even more “enemies”. This poor woman went through a lot of hardships because she was a foreigner and might have been a spy. She could not see her family, her sisters. She used to ask the shepperds about her family and try to send letters to them through these shepherds.
Born in Tbilisi, Georgia, Sofia Nizharadze was raised in a loving family. Has a younger brother. Sofia started singing before she started talking. Her mother who was a big push to herin her singing career. Sofia graduated with honors from the musical academy under the Tbilisi State Conservatory where she studied piano and vocals. She later continued her studies at the theatre of Arts (GITIS) and graduated with honors from the academy of music (GNESINY)
At the age of 3 Sofia started performing on a professional stage and her talent was unanimously admired by wide audience. At age 7 she was invited by Mr. Jansugh Kakhidze, a prominent Georgian conductor, author of the famous sound tracks for Georgian cinema production that turned into hits among Georgian music fans, to join a children’s music studio where she took the lead as a talented vocalist at various shows, and TV projects.
Later on at age 11 she performed at the French Embassy “Sous le ciel de Paris”, a world hit where Bernard Pivout, a journalist, amazed by her talent invited her to his program at TV5.
At 17 Sofia was a winner of several international competitions of young singers including the "Bravo, Bravissimo!" competition in Mini La Scala (Italy), "Crystal Note" (Moscow, Russia), "Crystal Fur-tree" (Borjomi, Georgia). She participated in several festivals in Russia, Turkey, Italy, Latvia and Georgia.
Sofia got her professional recognition when she took the leading parts at the musicals “The Wedding Of The Jays” and ”Romeo and Juliet”. Living in Moscow at that moment she has started an impressive career gaining international recognition.
In 2004 she got a main part in Gerard Presgurvic's musical (Original Russian Version, Operetta Theatre, leading cast). In 2005, Sofia was a finalist in the New Wave Festival in Jūrmala, Latvia.
In 2008, when the war between Russia and Georgia started Sofia left Russia and returned to her motherland, Georgia. Her such move was very critically acclaimed; but despite it all, she gave up her career in Russia and came to stand with her people.
Through her singing she has brought an international attention to Georgia. More than it has already has.
Awards and achievements:
• 1995- “Crystal fir tree” , the international festival nominated at the “Best Vocal” category;
• 1996- Special award – “The League”, the first Georgian festival; award owner at the festival Mini La Scalla;
• 1997- Participant of “Crystal note” International Festival in Moscow (850 anniversary of Moscow city);
• 1999- Diploma of the First category for the best vocal within the frame of the festival “Pushkin weeks”; Diploma of the Tbilisi Mayor’s Office for the “Unique vocal features”;
• 1998- 2001- Scholarship of President Eduard Shevardnadze;
• 2000- “Golden Star” for the best vocal granted by Forte Cinematographic Studio and Star Scale studio;
• 2003- 2004 – leading part in the musical “The wedding of the jays” ;
• 2004- 2006- Leading part on “Romeo and Juliet” musical;
• 2005- Participant, a finalist of the young pop star contest “New Wave”;
• 2005- 2007- Takes leading parts in shows and production of RATIB; was invited for Esmeralda part to the Musical “Notre dame De Paris”;
• 2010 performed a duo with Jose Carreras, extract from the West side story musical.